Terms and conditions of Engresca't 2012
- All participants (bands as well as soloists) must live in Spain, no matter the musical style they play, neither the language they sign in.
- All participants must be of legal age (over 18).
- In case one of the participants is attached to a recording contract in force, the contract cannot interfere with the terms and conditions of the contest. Ideally, the amateur bands participating should not be involved in recording contracts.
- Interested participants must register for the contest on this web site http://www.telecogresca.com/engrescat filling the enrollment form.
- The participants must present their musical work, original in lyric and music, and recorded as songs. Versions or copies of already existing songs will be rejected. If any of the presented songs turns out to be a plagiarism, copy or version, the judge members will not accept it.
- The proposal works presented for the contest will consist of 2, 3 or 4 original songs. The sum of all songs duration must be between 10 and 15 minutes (approximately).
- The proposal songs must be attached to the enrollment form in a digital format mp3. Only the artistic content of the recording is to be considered. However, the quality of the recording must be enough to be listened properly. Optionally, rough cuts recorded in CD will be accepted (one per group), but it does not entail any advantage. The enrollment form must be filled by every band, regardless whether they have presented the optional CD or not. The material presented will not be returned.
- The participants must have enough collection of songs to be able to play in live during, at least, 60 minutes, and to be able to record an EP album (not a rough cut).
- One person can belong to one or more bands, but a band with the same components can just present one proposal.
- The winners, as well as the rest of participants who reach the final phase, will be responsible of the musical instruments they need for the performance.
- The sound equipment expenses for the concerts are responsibility of the organization.
Phases of the contest
- The submission period for the contest begins Monday, January 16th 2012 and runs through Monday, February 11th 2012 (inclusive).
- The songs which are presented by the bands will be available on the contest web site between February 13th 2012 and February 19th 2012, in order to be listened and voted by the spectators.
- The number of votes of each band will appear on the web, but not the name of the band. Each band will be able to see how many votes already have through a special Login. The aim of this iniciative is to invite spectators to listen to all group, not just the ones that have more votes.
- Only 4 bands of all the participants will get the final phase. The voting process will be the following: the two bands with more votes on Facebook will get the final phase directly. Other 2 participating bands will be chosen by the organization and Casafont Records (www.casafontrecords.com).
- The final phase of the contest will consist of just one performance on Friday, February 24th 2012 in Sala Salamandra Hospitalet de Llobregat.
- The jury will choose the winner of Engresca't 12 who will play in the Telecogresca 2012. The winner of Engresca't 12 will also record an EP album in Casadefont recording studios and will join the record label Casafont Records.
Note: the jury will consider the style, the music quality and the live performance quality.
Acceptance of conditions
- The winner of Engresca't 12 commits to play live music in the Telecogresca, on March 30th 2012 night.
- The participation in the contest implies the full acceptance of the indicated terms and conditions, as well as possible interpretations or adjustments the organization may make. The total or partial breach of any covenant or agreement may cause the disqualification of the participants.
- Active members of Associació Cultural Telecogresca are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- The organization of Engresca't 12 reserves the right to make modifications on the terms and conditions. In case of any modifications, they would be notified to the participants as soon as possible.
- The organization of Engresca't 12 reserves the right to award no one.
- The participants authorize the public broadcasting of the works presented to the contest, all including (but not restricting) the format (such as streaming or downloaders) of audio and digital video from Internet.
- The organization and Casafont Records reserve the right to discard participants if there are too many of them, or if the artistic quality of the work proposed is considered as poor.
- A web application will be enabled in the Telecogresca page of Facebook social network, to ensure only one vote per perso to band per day. Therefore you can vote different bands on the same day (1 vote per band and day).
- The jury of the final phase of the contest will consist of professional people involved with the show business and the world of music, and one member of Associació Cultural Telecogresca. The name of the members will be announced once the voting period has finished.
- The concerts will not be remunerated.